What is SETIPWind?
The SETIPWind project is funded by Horizon Europe, the EU’s funding programme for Research & Innovation. It supports the coordination of activities of the European Technological Platform for Wind Energy (ETIPWind) and the Implementation Working Group on Wind energy (IWG Wind).
These two SET-Plan (EU’s Strategic Energy & Technology plan) entities respectively aim at defining Research and Innovation priorities for the wind energy sector and implementing actions at the national level to accelerate the development and deployment of wind energy in Europe.
Want to know more about the experts who define R&I priorities for the wind energy sector?
Want to know more about the Member States who implement R&I priorities for wind energy at national level?
- To ensure ETIPWind and the SET Plan IWG Wind contribute to the EU and national R&I policies thanks to an enhanced coordination of their activities addressing the key challenges of an accelerated and sustainable deployment of wind energy.
- To ensure a wider participation and engagement of key stakeholders in ETIPWind’s and the IWG Wind’s activities.
- To improve the collaboration on content creation, communication, and dissemination of activities of ETIPWind and the IWG Wind with other ETIPs and IWGs to advance towards more aligned and interconnected positions.
- To guarantee that the SET-Plan (The Strategic Energy & Technology Plan from the European Commission) receives consensus-based advice on R&I priorities on wind energy and key areas for the energy transition.
- To increase the awareness and knowledge on wind energy technology developments, the sector’s state-of-play, and its impacts on the EU economy and society.
- To maximise the impact of ETIPWind and IWG Wind activities and publications and to facilitate the dissemination of EU R&I initiatives and programmes.
- To safeguard ETIPWind’s successful continuation with a finance and sustainability plan for its future beyond the lifetime of the SETIPWind project.