SET Plan targets for wind energy
In June 2023 in the framework of the SET Plan’s revision, the Member States involved in the IWG Wind defined 6 new targets for wind energy. These new targets must guide the R&I efforts from the Member States to accelerate the development and the deployment of wind energy in Europe.
- At least 3% increase of national R&I funding dedicated to wind energy.
- At least 0.5 percentage points increase per year of wind energy penetration in electricity needs at European level.
- At least 2 GW of wind manufacturing capacity added per year at the European level.
- R&D budget dedicated to materials recovery technologies including recycling and critical raw materials.
- At least 100,000 workers trained by 2025 at the EU level.
- One research project on average per year enabling faster permitting for wind energy projects.
For more information, please check the detailed targets here